Ki is a biracial, queer, poly-am, pan, vegetaria, human-passionate artist who focuses primarily on creating content that: reflects what it’s like being these, dabbles in fantasy works, and/or revolves around anything relevant to being in the moment.
Also known as “Gawki” across the web, they work entirely as an independent artist. They paint, draw, design, kickstart, self-publish, run a bi-annual online store, and travel around selling their wares like a traveling merchant.
Over the last decade, Ki completed hundreds of commissions over the internet, but once they started tabling at conventions in 2015 it changed their life forever.
After a few years of gaining traction and an eventual livable income from conventions and their online store, they moved to Minnesota to get involved with Cooperation Northfield and to be directly connected with climate justice movements during the Pandemic.
After being involved with Stop Line 3 for an alleged year and a half, they moved to the Twin Cities of Minnesota on stolen Dakota Lands where they currently reside with two very good boy cats.
They now spend the majority of their time on self-directed art projects, traveling to shows with their pop-up shop to sell their wares, and getting involved in zines ‘n’ radical things that affect people in cool ways.
- Consistently reworking their convention booth to be increasingly mesmerizing and easy to understand.
- Since the summer of 2022, they have been focusing on revamping their portfolio website to be 100% customized from the layout, banner, cursor, and every button. Currently under development and not yet in use.
- Working on an enamel pin Kickstarter in April 2023.
- Kink-friendly zine
- Customizing second-hand clothing/apparel
Here’s some of my completed works as well.
Mushroom Trove: Enamel Pin Collection
Overgrowth: Digital Works by Gawki
Come back later to see more
- Gen Con Original Art 1st Place 2022
- Selected in Spectrum 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27
- Spectrum Rising Star – Awarded 2019
- Spectrum Rising Star – Honorable Mention 2017
- Gen Con #50 Juror’s Choice 2017
- BFA in Illustration from Northern Illinois University 2014